Registered Medication Aide - RMA
1. Administer medications/treatments as directed on the Medication Administration Record (MAR), per doctors’ orders. Properly document administrations of medications/treatments, refusal of medication, leave of absence, and other varying circumstances in the MAR as they occur.
2. Follow the six “rights” of medication administration.
3. Follow the assistance plan in providing services to residents
4. Assist in the development and updating of each resident's assistance plan.
5. Maintain a neat, clean, organized and well stocked cart and/or cabinet.
6. Assist with direct care for residents when needed.
7. Assist in, serving meals and bussing tables during mealtimes.
8. Assist residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, hygiene and mobility.
9. Give residents prescribed medication or remind them to take medication.
10. Encourage socialization among residents.
11. Assist with the activity program; conduct activities as directed by the Activity Coordinator or assigned by supervisor.
12. Encourage and/or remind residents to participate in activities. Promote activities enthusiastically to pique residents' interest.
13. Chaperone activities outside the facility when requested
14. Monitor health, safety and well-being of the residents.
15. Document information pertaining to changes in residents’ functional status, personal needs, appointments, etc.
16. Assist in keeping the environment safe for residents.
17. Provide one-on-one support/visitation to assigned residents on a weekly basis or as requested by supervisor or as specified in the assistance plan or daily communication log.
18. Report concerns about residents to supervisor and coworkers.
19. Answer and respond to resident immediately.
20. Establish and maintain good relationships with resident and family members.
21. Respond to resident emergencies; provide first-aid and CPR assistance and arrange for appropriate medical attention/follow up.
22. Identify supplies needed to perform tasks and report needs to supervisor.
23. Practice safety in working around and with equipment, chemicals, tools and utensils.
24. Attend all staff meetings and required training sessions.
25. Effectively communicate information to residents, team members and supervisors according to Bellaire policy.
26. Report any and all medication errors honestly and immediately.
27. Response to on-the-job injuries.
28. Notify Management of any compliant or concerns made by family members.
29. Carry out other duties as assigned by supervisor.
30. Have all state and Bellaire continuing education current.
1. Adhere to and carry out all Bellaire policies and procedures.
2. Adhere to and carry out all regulations set forth for Licensed Assisted
3. Adhere to Rights and responsibilities of residents of assisted living facilities.
4. Report any on-the-job injuries to the supervisor before the end of
the work shift on the day the injury occurs.
5. Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with
coworkers, residents, families and visitors.
6. Maintain confidentiality of verbal and written information
pertaining to residents, facility operations and personnel.
7. Refer family members and residents to the appropriate supervisor
when they have questions or concerns.
8. Promote Bellaire Assisted Living in a positive way.
9. Promote teamwork in providing services to residents.
10. Maintain compliance with all regulatory and mandatory
Bellaire trainings. (i.e. Relias, CPR and 1st Aid, In-Services & All
1. OSHA-MSDS sheets and procedures
2. Fire and safety procedures
3. CPR and First Aid
4. Knowledge of and ability to operate and maintain equipment: FAX machine, calculator, photocopier, telephone, computer and Printer
5. Food-handling regulations
6. Operation of kitchen appliances (dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, coffee maker, ice machine), office equipment (photocopier, telephone) and household appliances (vacuum cleaner, carpet shampoo machine)
7. Medication Management Protocols
1. Heated/Air-conditioned, well-lit facility with minimal barriers
2. Weekend work on a rotation basis
3. On call on a rotation schedule
4. Lifting, pushing or pulling over 30 lbs., using proper body mechanics and/or available equipment
5. Bending or kneeling for up to 15 consecutive minutes to perform cleaning tasks
6. Working 3-3.75 hours standing, walking and moving about without the need to sit down
7. Working with cleaning chemicals
1. Current Registered Medication Aid License (VA only) or Approved Medication Assistive Personnel Training (WV only)
2. Minimum of 40 hours training in Direct Care within a program approved by the Virginia Department of Social Services.
3. Certified medication training as outlined by the state
4. Current CPR and First Aid certification or; First Aid and CPR Certification within first 60 days of employment.
5. Skills in nurturing and organizing similar to those in a domestic household
6. Experience or interest in working with older adults
7. Maturity, friendliness and enjoyment in working with people
8. High school diploma or GED, with reading, comprehension and writing ability at 12th-grade level or higher
9. 1-year employment in good standing
10. Current on all required trainings including Relias
11. No corrective actions for lack of professionalism
12. Proactive, resourceful, and takes initiative; has good management skills, great listening skills and is able to follow directions.
13. Displays good morals and values and gets along well with others.
14. Invested in Bellaire and familiar with policies and procedures.
15. Familiar with residents and their service plans and able to give valuable input on updating these plans.
16. Proficient using technology necessary to perform job duties including Relias, Eldermark, Point of Care, and Alphastaff.
1. Residents always come first, and their needs will be met unless there is a conflict with the needs of others or the organization as a whole.
2. Employees will not work under the influence of mood-altering or illegal drugs or alcohol.
3. Neat appearance, adherence to the dress code and goodpersonal hygiene is expected.