No Late Nights and every other weekend off! Bellaire at Stone Port is looking for a Prep Cook/Dishwasher that can assist with taking care of our residents in our restaurant style dining room. If you have restaurant experience then we want to talk to you! The advantage of working for Bellaire is that there are no late nights, you get every other weekend off!
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist in preparing food as assigned by Cook, using daily menus.
2. Assist in preparing foods and participate in special events.
3. Maintain a clean, orderly and safe kitchen environment.
4. Store food properly for infection control.
5. Participate in serving food.
6. Bus tables during and after meals.
7. Reset tables for the next meal, assure tables are set properly prior to mealtime.
8. Prepare beverages before meals.
9. Clean equipment, appliances, floors, drains, storage area, refrigerator, freezer and sinks according to schedule.
10. Maintain a clean, orderly dining room: vacuum floors in dining rooms and clean dining tables after each meal.
11. Stack, soak and run dishes through dish machine.
12. Soak and clean pots and pans.
13. Put away clean dishes, pots and pans.
14. Work with volunteers in the dining room.
15. Carry out other duties as assigned by supervisor.
16. Train and supervise wait staff and understand regulations.
17. Assign tasks to wait staff and supervise quality of work and completion of tasks.
18. Ensure attractive presentation of food and plate before serving.
19. Ensure that all residents are accounted for and have had their meals. Verify with direct care staff.
1. Adhere to and carry out all Bellaire policies and procedures.
2. Adhere to and carry out all regulations set forth for Licensed Assisted Living Facilities.
3. Adhere to Rights and responsibilities of residents of assisted living facilities.
4. Report any on-the-job injuries to the supervisor before the end of the work shift on the day the injury occurs.
5. Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with coworkers, residents, families and visitors.
6. Maintain confidentiality of verbal and written information pertaining to residents, facility operations and personnel.
7. Promote Bellaire Assisted Living in a positive way.
8. Promote teamwork in providing services to residents.
9. Maintain compliance with all regulatory and mandatory Bellaire trainings. (i.e. Relias, CPR and 1st Aid, In-Services & All Staff Meetings)
1. OSHA-MSDS sheets and procedures
2. Fire and safety procedures
3. Food-handling regulations
4. Operation of kitchen appliances (dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, coffee maker, ice machine) and office equipment (FAX machine, photocopier, telephone, computer)
1. Heated/Air-conditioned, well-lit facility with minimal barriers
2. Kitchen can become quite hot during summer months
3. Weekend work expected on a rotation basis
4. Lifting, pushing or pulling over 30 lbs., using proper body mechanics or available equipment
5. Bending or kneeling to perform cleaning tasks in the kitchen and dining room areas
6. Operation of kitchen appliances and equipment
7. Working 5-8 hours standing, walking and moving about without the need to sit down
1. Must be 18 years of age or older
2. Willingness to learn and work
3. Enjoyment in working with older adults
4. Some experience in food preparation preferred
5. Ability to read, write and comprehend English at an 8th-grade level or better
1. Residents always come first, and their needs will be met unless there is a conflict with the needs of others or the organization as a whole.
2. Employees will not work under the influence of mood-altering or illegal drugs or alcohol.
- Neat appearance, adherence to the dress code and good personal hygiene is expected.