Title: Dining Aide
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
One Family. One Community.
Want to grow your career in the food service and hospitality industry? This is a great place to learn and gain experience in an award-winning environment. Candidates will assist in the kitchen with food preparation, kitchen clean up, dining room preparation and cleanup. As a key team member, you will help our residents have a pleasant dining room experience.
Our community is united by our Guiding Principle of Caring with H.E.A.R.T.™. Through Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Residents First, and Teamwork, we promote a culture of trusted care and engagement that fosters meaningful, purposeful work. We believe our actions impact the quality of care we provide, both individually and as a team. Our mission is to embrace each day as an opportunity to make a positive difference with this promise and pledge.
If you are looking for an opportunity to enrich the lives of others and you share our passion for making a difference in people’s lives, come join our team! We offer competitive wages, benefits, training, and the opportunity for growth. We welcome you to apply & join our family today!
We Are All Family™
- Assist in preparing food as assigned by Cook, using daily menus and participate in special events.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe kitchen environment.
- Store food properly for infection control.
- Participate in serving food.
- Bus tables during and after meals.
- Clean equipment, appliances, floors, drains, storage area, refrigerator, freezer and sinks according to schedule.
- Maintain a clean, orderly dining room: vacuum floors in dining rooms and clean dining tables after each meal
- Carry out other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Some experience in food preparation preferred
- Willingness to learn and work
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Enjoyment in working with older adults
- Ability to read, write and comprehend at an 8th-grade level or better
- Neat appearance, adherence to the dress code and good personal hygiene are expected.
Part-Time and Full-Time available
Bellaire at Stone Port
Bellaire at Stone Port is nestled between the gorgeous Blue Ridge mountains of the historic Harrisonburg, Virginia (across the street from Sentara RMH). Residents have access to a full list of life-enhancing amenities and activities as well as around-the-clock care and sincere encouragement. Bellaire at Stone Port provides a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere where residents easily transition, thrive and enjoy life - just like at home. We make senior living a carefree experience.